Monday, August 15, 2011

Sewing projects completed and abandoned

Well I finished the silk floral straight skirt and I love it! Remember I was making


Simplicity 9825 which is now out of print.  I moved the zipper to the side and lined the skirt.  I like that is is between an A line and a straight skirt.





I'm afraid my photographer was not in the mood for creativity so I just begged her to snap these outside her bedroom, shame but you get the idea.

I have also made and abandoned a few bits and pieces but am currently making a toile from the Stylish Dress Book which I have had for a while but when Tessuti announced its arrival in English I couldn't resist a second copy.


I am trying Pattern S but making the sleeves a bit longer, watch this space....


I also spent yesterday morning breakfasting in bed with and my ipad and while cruising my favourite blogs found these guys in Melbourne,  Nicole Mallalieu Design and have ordered little kits for purses and make up bags, I thought this might be a way for me to use up some of my scraps and have some home made gifts ready made in the present cupboard.  

2 comments:

  1. Your skirt came out well. I have similar probs with my photographer! I have a metre of the same fabric left over from a maxi for Rachel. Not sure what to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gail. I think the left over fabric would make a lovely sleeveless summer top. Something like simplicity 2599 but without any adornment because you probably won't have enough fabric for frills, but if there was, I like view E. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete