Saturday, July 2, 2011

Close shave with a Tiger

I woke this morning to the news that the budget airline 'Tiger' has been grounded by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority. This Coming weekend, I am taking my teenage daughter on our annual Melbourne trip and had booked with Tiger. In fact I had booked for a few weeks ago and had needed to change the dates incurring a hefty change fee. Now, it looks like it may have been good money after bad. They say they will refund our tickets but I won't hold my breath.

Each year for the past 5 years, we have done this mother/ daughter trip where we stay in a delicious hotel, eat yummy food, go to the Art Gallery and trawl melbourne's lane ways spending her pocket money and a few indulgences from Mum. We love it! Thankfully my generous husband just said 'quick book with Qantas' which I have done so we are still on track but I will never book budget flights again, well, maybe not quite never....Anyway, glad to not be up in the air with them if they aren't safe!

2 comments:

  1. We've booked my daughter and an exchange student for next week and my elder daughter to come home from Melbourne the following week (her last planned visit didn't go ahead because the ash plume!). I think I'm rebooking with Qantas for next weeks flights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Georgerous colors adjustments!

    ReplyDelete