Sunday, June 19, 2011

A month can't have gone past!

But it has and its about time I got back on my blog!
I have been distracted from sewing with various other things over the past month and am feeling very frustrated by the ever increasing stash, earmarked patterns but lack of product. A late night picking up my teenage daughter from various school formal related activities, has meant a slow wonderful day at home with my pile of sewing jobs. I needed to clear the decks of the mending and altering before starting any new projects - DONE! (well, close enough).

I do have something to show you from the past little while. I have finally finished my red Hokko Bowtie dress which is an unashamed copy of the dress that Libby from Tessuti Chatswood made in the summer. Colette featured it on her blog and it looked so great and as I had the pattern already, I decided to make the same. I am so pleased I did and I have been slowly working through it in Georgia's classes at Tessuti Surry Hills.   'Gloria' has to model this one for me, too cold at the moment for summer dresses.

I had such a great time at Tessuti Chatswood on Friday with Libby.  We had not met before and when we worked out our 'link' with the red dress, a whole lot of other similarities came to the fore.  We seem to have the same taste and already owned the same patterns and fabrics in our stash.  I ended up adding a few more beautiful fabrics after discussing the possibilities they presented and ideas Libby had already explored with them.  Watch this space....






Now I am thinking about the next project to make at Sew Inn with Georgia. I'm currently thinking a loosely tailored jacket which I can belt with a thin belt and wear with a skirt.  Have tried to find a suitable image but its like the potato peeler - can never find it in a hurry! I'll post later when I find something.


5 comments:

  1. Hi Margaret, love the bowtie fabric. I'll have to get you along to the sewing guild meetings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that fabric. I made a dress in the grey colorway that I wear a lot, and I wish I had bought the red as well. It has such lovely drape! What is the pattern you have used for this dress?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Mae for leaving that out... the pattern is a Simplicity Project Runway 2588. I made the option with flat sleeves and a full skirt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Margaret. I thought I recognised it- I have made the narrow skirt version in cotton lycra twill, taupe with orange topstitching, and I really like it. Now that I've seen your version, I'm inspired to make the full skirted view as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that sounds lovely, taupe and orange - yum! Yes I think this is a really good pattern with a good range of options. I will certainly try some of the other ones.

    ReplyDelete